Dad can be hard to shop for, despite all we know about him. This Father’s Day, why not give him something different (not another tie), an experience that he’ll find relaxing and invigorating? Come to beautiful downtown Aiken and celebrate Dad at The Willcox. Below are a few ideas to get you started:
- If you’re looking for something fun to do in Aiken, we recommend taking a walk down South Boundary Street, one of the top 10 “prettiest southern streets for a stroll,” according to USA Today. The live oaks lining the street boast ages of 100 years or more.
- If you’re up for a longer hike, follow South Boundary westward till you reach Hitchcock Woods, one of the largest urban forests in the United States.
- A family getaway is a time-honored tradition that often involves Dad doing the lion’s share of the work; this year, give Dad a break and let us take care of everything. Our hotel offers a variety of packages, including our Family Slumber Party package, which is sure to put a smile on Dad’s face.
- Take advantage of one of the add-ons from our customize menu. Whether Dad wants to hone his golf game with a private tutor or learn more about the art and science of beekeeping (little did you know, Dad has thought seriously about keeping bees in his spare time), The Willcox is the place to be.
Restaurant & Bar
- Meet Dad at the lobby bar for a drink and pick up the tab. If he’s feeling creative, he’ll enjoy our “build your own Manhattan” option. With a dozen delicious whiskeys to choose from, not to mention a selection of vermouths and bitters that would make Hemingway blush, he can’t go wrong.
- “Fish, flesh, or fowl,” Yeats wrote, “commend all summer long whatever is begotten, born, and dies.” That’s quite a standard to meet, but our chef aims high. For dinner, how about a 10oz New York strip steak, with a Portobello mushroom brioche melt, Gruyere fondue, and fried onion rings? Almost poetic, that.
Salon & Spa
- Help Dad nurse his old football injury with our Sports Orthopedic Massage. He can opt for an hour or an hour and a half, depending on his needs.
- If Dad has just come in from out of town, welcome him home with our Jet Lag Recovery package, which includes a dip in our pre-massage aromatherapy hydro tub, a Willcox relaxation massage, and oxygen inhalation therapy.
Remember to pick up Willcox gift cards, which guarantee the gift of rest and relaxation.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Father’s Day!