The Spring season is one of our favorite times of year – the days become longer, the flowers and trees are in their magnificent state of full bloom, and there are so many things you can get out and do around our beloved town of Aiken! We’ve listed some of our top activities in Aiken that you can do this Spring!
- Take a picnic and walk around Hitchcock Woods.
- Picnics are a treasured childhood memory that can continue to bring happiness even into our adulthood. Whether you have children, a significant other, a few best friends or just like the alone time, a picnic is the perfect option to relax and reminisce on those Spring and Summer days. We’d love to get you started for your big adventure and help fill your basket with delicious foods – from our Southern Picnic Package complete with biscuits, pasta salad, deviled eggs and country ham, to our Salad and Sandwich combo with our Mason chopped salad with balsamic vinaigrette and our Chef’s inspired chicken salad sandwich. Of course, all our picnic lunches come with a bottled water and a chocolate brownie to complete your fun day in the woods!
- Take a walk down South Boundary Avenue
- Named by USA Today as one of the “Ten Prettiest Streets for a Stroll”, a beautiful Spring outing down the famous canopy of grand oaks is a definite item you need to check off your bucket list! After a day of sight seeing Aiken’s lush foliage and magical oaks, you’ll want to pamper your feet for all the travels of the day! Stop by our spa and relax as you experience the best signature pedicure in town!
- Go Geocaching!
- Geocatching is an outdoor treasure hunt that uses GPS-enabled devices that leads you to a hidden treasure at each location. Spend the whole day checking off geocaching locations and finding unique treasures that other people leave behind in unique containers. After a long day of adventure, nothing feels better than crisp, cool linens and one-of-a-kind hospitality of The Willcox. Book any of our charming southern rooms with modern amenities by calling today – and don’t forget to check out these Aiken Geocaching locations for your day of fun: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=23030b72-f189-4215-b7b4-64ae4c043594